Terms of Service
Last updated on: June 10, 2015
Please, read these Terms of Services carefully. They contain important information about your rights and obligations of using this platform and services.
RoomPlex Ltd is a company with registration number 09623357 and address Third Floor, 207 Regent Street, London W1B 3HH, United Kingdom ("RoomPlex", “We”, “Us” or "Our").
RoomPlex provides an online platform that connects hosts who own or manage accommodations for short term rental with guests seeking to rent such accommodations for a short term (collectively, the “Services”) These Services are accessible at www.roomplex.com and any other websites through which RoomPlex makes the Services available (collectively, the “Platform”).
Your access to the Platform and use of the Services is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms of Service (“Terms”). By accessing the Platform and using the Services you agree to comply with and be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access the platform or use the Platform whether or not you become a registered user. These Terms govern your access to and use of the Platform. If you do not agree to these Terms, you have no right to access, obtain information from or use the Platform. If you have already registered to our Platform you should terminate your account by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acceptance of the Terms of Service
You acknowledge and agree that, by accessing or using the Platform and the Services or by downloading or posting any materials such as text, graphics, images and others (collectively the“Content”) from or on the Platform you indicate that you have read, understand and agree to comply and be bound by Terms. If you do not agree to any part of these Terms, then you have no right to access or use the Platform, Services or Content.
If you accept or agree to these Terms on behalf of a company or other legal entity, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind that company or other legal entity to these Terms and, in such event, “you” and “your” will refer and apply to that company or other legal entity.
RoomPlex, the Platform and the Services
The only purpose of the Platform and the Services is to connect providers of short term rental accommodation (“Host”) with the people or agencies who search and want to reserve such short term accommodation (collectively “Guest”). Hosts may create a listing of a property (“Listing”) such as an apartment, house, room in a hotel or another private property, bed in a hostel or another private property (collectively “Accommodation” which is defined below). Guests may search for available Accommodation, learn about the Accommodation, request directly from the Host for a reservation of an Accommodation and create a reservation for the Accommodation directly with the Host.
You understand and agree that:
- RoomPlex is not a party to any agreement between the Host and the Guest.
- RoomPlex does not confirm the reservation of Accommodation between the Guest and the Host.
- Guests and Hosts agree on and confirm the reservation of the accommodation directly between each other without RoomPlex being involved.
- RoomPlex does not provide any guarantee for the reservation of an Accommodation between the Host and the Guest and will offer no compensation for any damages or harm when either the Host or the Guest does not fulfill the reservation that they previously agreed on and confirmed.
- RoomPlex is not a real estate broker, agent or insurer.
- RoomPlex does not provide any guarantee for the reservation between the Host and the Guest.
- RoomPlex is not an intermediary and has no control over the conduct of the Host, the Guest and other users of the Platform or Services and disclaims any liability in this regards.
- "Accommodation" means a resource such as room in a hotel, bed in a dormitory room, apartment, house and others that can be reserved only by one Guest for a given period.
- “Content” means text, graphics, images, music, audio, video and other information materials.
- “Collective Content” means Member Content and RoomPlex Content.
- “Guest” means Member who requests from Host a reservation of Accommodation by using the Platform and Services or a person who will stay in a reserved Accommodation by a Member.
- “Host” means a member who creates or already has a Listing.
- “Listing” means an apartment, hotel, hostel, motel, holiday house or other that may provide one or more Accommodations that is published on the Platform by a Host for short term rental via the Platform and Services.
- “Member” means a person or a person acting on behalf of an agency who registers an account to use the Platform and Services including but not limited to Guest and Host accounts.
- “Member Content” means all content that Members post, uploads, publishes, submits or transmits to be made available through the Platform and Services.
- “RoomPlex Content” means all content that RoomPlex makes available through the Platform and Services excluding any Member Content.
RoomPlex reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify the Platform and Services or to modify these Terms, including the Subscription Fees, at any time and without prior notice. If we modify these Terms, we will post the modification on the Platform or provide a notice of the modification. We will also update the “Last Updated Date” at the top of these Terms. By continuing to access or use the Platform or Services after we have posted a modification on the Platform or have provided a notice of a modification, you are indicating that you agree to be bound by the modified Terms. If the modified Terms are not acceptable to you, you should stop accessing and using the Platform Services.
The Platform or Services are intended for access and use solely for persons who are 18 or older. Any access to or use of the Platform or Services by anyone under 18 is prohibited. By accessing or using the Platform or Services you attest that you are 18 or older.
How the Platform and Services Work
The RoomPlex Platform and Services connect Hosts who provide short term rental Accommodation with the Guests who search for and want to reserve such Accommodation for short term. The Platform and Services enable Hosts to list their Accommodation one or many for renting. The Listings are available on the Platform and can be searched and viewed by all users regardless if the they are registered or not. However, reservations can be made only by Member of the Platform and Services.
By using the Platform and Services, Guests can search for an Accommodation and obtain information about an Accommodation which is made available through Listing associated with the Accommodation. Reservations of Accommodations are arranged directly between the Guests and the Hosts without the involvement of RoomPlex. The responsibilities of RoomPlex as stated above are only connect the Guests and the Hosts by making know Guests about Hosts and their available Accommodations and limited to facilitating the availability of the Platform and Services.
PLEASE, NOTE THAT, AS STATED ABOVE, THE PLATFORM AND SERVICES ARE INTENDED TO FACILITATE CONNECTING HOSTS AND GUESTS AND RESERVING ACCOMMODATION DIRECTLY WITH EACH OTHER. ROOMPLEX CANNOT AND DOES NOT CONTROL THE CONTENT OF THE LISTINGS AND THE CONDITION, LEGALITY OR SUITABILITY OF ANY ACCOMMODATION. ROOMPLEX DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY GUARANTEE FOR THE ACCURACY OF ANY AND ALL LISTINGS. ROOMPLEX DOES NOT PROVIDE ANY GUARANTEE FOR ANY AND ALL RESERVATIONS THAT HOSTS AND GUESTS AGREE AND ARRANGE WITH EACH OTHER BY USING THE PLATFORM AND THE SERVICES. GUESTS AND HOSTS UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT RESERVATIONS ARRANGED USING THE PLATFORM AND SERVICES ARE ARRANGED DIRECTLY BETWEEN EACH OTHER AND MADE ON THEIR OWN RISK. ROOMPLEX IS NOT RESPONSIBLE AND DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY RELATED TO ANY AND ALL LISTINGS, RESERVATIONS AND ACCOMMODATIONS.
In order to access certain features of the Platform and Services, to reserve an Accommodation or create a Listing, you must register to create an account (“RoomPlex Account”) and become a Member. You may register directly via the Platform or using third-party services including but not limited to Facebook, Google or Twitter accounts (“Third-Party Account”). By using a Third-Party Account you grant RoomPlex right to use your Third-Party Account for your authentication and login to the Platform and Services and (ii) access your account. By granting access to your Third-Party Account you understand that RoomPlex may access, transfer and store any Content that you have provided to and stored in your Third-Party Account into the Platform and it will be considered to be Member Content.
Upon successful completion of the account registration process, RoomPlex will create a RoomPlex Account and a profile page associated with your RoomPlex Account for your individual use of the Platform. Your account and profile page will be based on the personal information you provide to us or that we obtain from your Third-Party Account.
Each user can have only one (1) RoomPlex Account. Users agree to provide accurate, current and complete information during the registration process and to update such information to keep it accurate, current and complete.
Members who rent rooms agree to be reviewed as Guests by the Hosts.
RoomPlex reserves the right to suspend or terminate your RoomPlex Account and your access to the Platform and Services if you create more than one (1) RoomPlex Account or if any information provided during the registration process or thereafter proves to be inaccurate, not current or incomplete. All Members are responsible for safeguarding their password. You agree that you will not disclose your password to any third party and that you will take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under your RoomPlex Account, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You will immediately notify RoomPlex of any unauthorized use of your RoomPlex Account.
Listings describe one or more Accommodations for short term rental. Listings are available and accessible through the Platform and Services. Every Member can create a Listing. To create a Listing, you will need to provide a description for the property and at least one Accommodation associated with the listing. The description includes the following information but not limited to the commercial name, address, size, occupancy, amenities, price, availability and others. Some of the information such as address is mandatory and without providing all the mandatory information the Listing will not be made public. When Listings become public visitors and users of the Platform will be able to access and view all the information provided in a Listing. The information associated with a Listing can be updated and kept up-to-date at any moment. Other Members can use the information in the Listing to request and arrange a reservation.
Each Listing has to be associated with only one property that is uniquely identified by its address. Each Listing may have several different Accommodations such as hotel rooms, rooms in private home, bed in a dormitory room, apartment, and others. Accommodations that share similar characteristics and description can be further grouped into categories such as room types.
You, as a Host, acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for any and all Listings you create and make publicly available.
You, as a Host, acknowledge and agree that the information provided in the Listing is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
You, as a Host, acknowledge and agree that by creating a Listing you will automatically and instantly accept and confirm all and any request.
You, as a Host, agree and warrant that all and any Listings created by you (i) will not breach any agreements you have entered into with any third parties, such as homeowners association, condominium, lease or rental agreements, and (ii) will (a) be in compliance with all applicable laws (such as zoning laws and laws governing rentals of residential and other properties), Tax requirements, and rules and regulations that may apply to any Accommodation included in a Listing you post (including having all required permits, licenses and registrations), and (b) not conflict with the rights of third parties.
You, as a Host, agree your Listings to be reviewed by any Guest who makes a reservation request and stays in the Accommodation associated with that Listing.
RoomPlex assumes no responsibility for Host’s compliance with any agreements with or duties to third parties, applicable laws, rules and regulations. RoomPlex reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to remove or disable access to any Listing for any reason, including Listings that RoomPlex, in its sole discretion, considers to be objectionable for any reason, in violation of these Terms or otherwise harmful to the Platform or Services.
Hosts understand and agree that RoomPlex does not act as an insurer or as contracting agent. If a Guest requests a reservation of Accommodation provided by a Host and stays at the Accommodation, any agreement the Host enters into with such Guest is only between the Host and the Guest and RoomPlex is not a party thereto.
The Platform and Services may provide certain information about the Guests including but not limited to their reputation as a Guest that Hosts can use to make informed decision about accepting or rejecting a reservation request. RoomPlex does not assume responsibility and disclaims liability on the Host’s decision for accepting, rejecting or canceling a reservation which may be influenced by this information. Hosts understand and acknowledge the risks associated with the acceptance or rejection of a reservation requests.
RoomPlex does not provide any insurance for the Accommodation and the property. RoomPlex does not assume any responsibility and disclaims any liability of any direct or indirect damages and harm that Guests may cause to the Host’s property before, during or after their stay. Hosts understand acknowledge and accept the risks of renting their property to Guests. RoomPlex recommends that Hosts obtain appropriate insurance for their Accommodations.
Subscription to the Platform and Services
Users who are not Members, Members and Guests can use the Platform and the services for free at no cost. Most of but not all of the access, features and functionality of the Platform and Services is also provided for free at no cost to the Hosts. Hosts can create as many Listings they want for free at no cost and these Listings will become available on our Platform and Services.
Hosts would need to pay subscription fee to access features and functionality that enables Guests to reserve their Accommodations by using the Platform and Services. More specifically, Hosts have to pay subscription fee for every Accommodation in order for Guests to search and reserve. If Hosts do not pay a subscription fee for any Accommodation in a Listing, the listing will not appear in search results.
With respect to the subscription fees, RoomPlex distinguishes three types of Accommodations:
- “Room” means a room in a property such as hotel, apartment, hostel and others which may have multiple rooms.
- "Bed" means a bed in a room, where a room may have multiple beds.
- "Entire Property" means the entire property such as apartment, holiday home. Apartment means the entire property is the entire property being
RoomPlex does not endorse any Member, Accommodation or Listing. RoomPlex implements a process to help verify that the information provided by the Members is accurate and also help verify their identities and background. However, none of these checks can be and is not reliable and 100% accurate. Therefore, you acknowledge and agree that RoomPlex provides no guarantee about the accuracy of the information available in the Platform and Services and also RoomPlex does not make any representations about, confirm, or endorse any Member or the Member’s purported identity or background.
By using the Platform or Services, you understand the actions or omissions of other Members may cause you harm. You agree that any legal remedy, compensation or liability that you seek to obtain for the actions and omissions of other Members and third parties will be limited to claim against the particular Members or other third parties who cause you harm. You acknowledge and agree that RoomPlex is not responsible nor liable for the actions and omissions of other Members and third parties. You agree not to attempt to impose liability on or seek any legal remedy or compensation from RoomPlex with respect to such actions or omissions.
- “Cancellation Fee” means the fee that a Guest or a Host has to pay for cancelling a reservation.
- “Check-in” means the day or time when the reservation starts and the Guest is expected to enter into the Accommodation.
- “Check-out” means the day or time when the reservation ends and the Guest is expected to leave the Accommodation.
- “Host Cancellation Deadline” means a date or time relative to the reservation’s Check-in date or time until when the host can cancel a reservation without being penalized with a cancellation fee.
- “No-Show” means when the Guest does not cancel its reservation and does not check-in on the Check-in date.
- “Processing Fee” means a fee that may be payable for processing a payment.
- “Reservation Fee” means a person or a person acting on behalf of an agency who registers an account to use the Platform and Services including but not limited to Guest and Host accounts.
- “Security Deposit” means refundable security deposit that the Guest pays at their beginning of their stay and it is refundable at the end of their stay if Guests do not cause any damage to the Accommodation.
Reservation Terms for Host
Any Member can request a reservation of an Accommodation based on the available Listings at the Platform and Services. Members should create reservation request for an Accommodation only if the Accommodation is available all the nights between the check-in and the check-out dates. Hosts must not confirm or must not accept or cancel a reservation request if the Accommodation is not available at any of the nights between the check-in and check-out dates.
When a Guest creates a reservation request, you as Host, acknowledge and agree to accept and confirm the reservation immediately and automatically. As part of the reservation request, you will be provided information about the Guest, check-in, check-out dates, email, phone and information about the reputation of the Guest. You agree to keep all the information about the reservation as confidential and not disclose to any third party.
If you are Host, you acknowledge and agree that:
- You and the Guest are the only parties who enter into an agreement for providing and renting an Accommodation and it is you and the Guest responsible for performing any such agreements and RoomPlex is not a party to such agreements;
- You will honour and make the Accommodations in the reservation available for the Guest between the check-in and check-out dates as specified in the reservation;
- You will automatically and instantly accept all and any reservation requests;
- You will not disclose and make the data available in the reservation to third-parties;
- You will return the Security Deposit in whole to the Guest on the check-out date if the guest did not cause any damage (in case of a damage see section Security Deposit);
- In case the Guest cancels a reservation and the cancellation is subject to a cancellation fee or in case of a No-show, RoomPlex does not and will not provide any compensation to the Host nor guarantee that the Host can receive any such compensation. However, RoomPlex will make reasonable effort to help the Host in collecting the cancellation fee or the no-show fee from the Guest;
- You accept the Listing that the Accommodation is associated with to be reviewed by the Guest after Guest’s stays and that this review is made public;
- RoomPlex is not responsible for assessing the damages that Guests may cause to an Accommodation and administering or accepting any claims by Hosts related to Security Deposits.
Reservation Terms for Guest
Any user can use the Platform and Services to search for Accommodation and view details about the Listings. However, only Members can create a reservation request. When you create a reservation you will be shown the reservation fee which is the price that you have to pay to the Host for renting the Accommodation during the specified period. Members can create a reservation on behalf of a third person only with the permission of the third person. In such case the Member who creates the reservation assumes all the responsibility about the actions of the third person that will stay in the rented Accommodation.
When creating a reservation, you will be provided a list or payment methods. Some of these payment methods may be subject to additional Processing Fee. If you select a payment method with a non-zero Processing Fee, an additional fee will be added to the Reservation Fee.
When you create a reservation request, you will be asked to enter your personal details, credit card data and a billing address. If you create a reservation on behalf of a third person, you will need to enter the personal details of this person. When you confirm the reservation request you acknowledge and agree to authorize RoomPlex to pre-authorize your credit card or charge it. RoomPlex will attempt to pre-authorize your card and reserve an amount equal to the Cancellation Fee for the reservation. If the pre-authorization is successful, and the same Accommodation was not reserved by someone else your reservation will be considered successful and confirmed.
Notification about the reservation will be sent to the Host. The Host will be provided information about the reservation including but not limited to the name of the Guest, the name of the person who will stay in the Accommodation, email address, and phone. The Host will not be given your address or any credit card data.
If you are Guest, you acknowledge and agree that:
- You and the Host are the only parties who enter into an agreement for providing and renting an Accommodation and it is you and the Host responsible for performing any such agreements and RoomPlex is not a party to such agreements;
- It is the Host, not RoomPlex, responsible for honouring any confirmed reservations and making available any Accommodations reserved through the Platform and Services;
- You may be required to enter into an agreement with the Host and you agree to accept any terms, conditions, rules and restrictions associated with such Accommodation imposed by the Host and that RoomPlex is not a party in this agreement;
- In case you book on behalf of a third person, you have the expressly permission of that person to make the reservation and share his or her personal information such as name, phone, or email address as part of the reservation data;
- In case you book on behalf of a third person you assume all responsibility and liability about the actions of that person;
- Personal information included in the reservation such as name, phone number and email address will be disclosed to the Host as part of the reservation request;
- You will pay the Host the Reservation Fee before or on the check-in day of the reservation request;
- You will give the Host a Security Deposit before or on the check-in day as specified in the reservation request;
- You will provide a valid credit card together with a billing address that you own or are authorized to use for making payments;
- You allow and authorize RoomPlex to pre-authorize your credit card and reserve an amount equal to the Cancellation Fee of the reservation;
- You allow RoomPlex to charge your credit card with an amount equal to the Cancellation Fee if you cancel you reservation after the free cancellation deadline but before the cheek-in day;
- You allow and authorize RoomPlex to charge your credit card with an amount equal to the full reservation fee if you do not cancel your reservation and do not check-in on the check-in date (“No-show”);
- You will not cause any damage to the Host’s property and Accommodation. In case you cause any damage or harm, before, during or after your stay you assume all responsibility and liability for the caused damage and harm;
- That a reservation request either confirmed or not can be canceled by the Host or RoomPlex at any moment without you being entitled for any compensation. Please, not that RoomPlex will do its best to help you find another similar Accommodation with the similar price like the canceled reservation;
- That you will be reviewed by the Guest after your stay and this review will be disclosed to all Hosts that you request reservations with them in the future.
The Platform and Services makes available a review system and process for Guests (“Guest Reputation”) and Listings (“Listing Review”). The Platform and Services may aggregate the Guest Reputation and Listing Reviews.
If members suspect a fake or a false review, they can ask us to review it by sending us an email to email@example.com.
As a guest, you understand, agree and accept to be reviewed as a Guest and the reviews used by the Platform and Services to compute your Guest Reputation. You further agree your Guest Reputation to be disclosed to the Hosts when you make a reservation a request for their Accommodations.
Guest Reputation will include but not limited to the following information:
- Total number of reservations;
- Total number of canceled reservation;
- Notes from the Hosts;
- Positive ratings;
- Negative ratings;
- Recommendations as a Guest.
You as a Host, understand and agree that their Listing will be reviewed by Guests after Guests create a reservation request through the Platform and stays in the Accommodation. Further, you agree the review of the Listing be used by the Platform and Services to compute a Listing Review for your Listing and this Listing review become available publicly on the Platform and Services.
Host reviews may include but not limited to the following information:
- Number of accepted reservation;
- Value for money;
- Recommendations as a Host;
- Number or percentage of cancellations made before and after the Host Cancellation Deadline.
Both Guests and Hosts acknowledge and agree that RoomPlex does not guarantee any reservation and that RoomPlex is not responsible nor liable for any damage and harm caused when Guest cancels a reservation or Host cancels a reservation. Both Guests and Hosts agree that any legal remedy, compensation or liability that you seek to obtain for a reservation cancellation which is canceled either by Hosts or by Guests be limited to a claim against each other. When a Guest or Host cancels a reservation a notification will be sent to the other party, Host or Guest respectively.
You as Guest, can cancel reservations at any moment until the Check-in day. In case of such cancellation Host’s cancellation policy will apply which might be subject to Cancellation Fees. If no Cancellation Fee applies, RoomPlex will cancel and release any pending or active pre-authorizations less the Processing Fee on your credit card within commercially reasonable timeframe.
If Cancellation Fees apply, RoomPlex will charge your credit card with the applicable Cancellation Fee including plus the Processing Fees and transfer the funds to the Host in financially reasonable time frame. In case your credit card is not valid or does not have sufficient funds to cover the Cancellation Fee, you agree remit payment to the Host equal to the due Cancellation Fee by using other funding methods.
By canceling a reservation, you agree that RoomPlex will disclose information related to the number of reservations that you canceled and how often you cancel reservations since becoming a Member to all Hosts with whom you create reservation request in the future.
You, as Host, can cancel any reservation without being subject to any Cancellation Fee if that cancellation is not later than a specific deadline defined as Host Cancellation Deadline (see below).
The Host Cancellation Deadline is:
- 24 hours from the moment the Host receives a notification for the reservation, if there are more than 7 days between the delivery of the notification and the Check-in date;
- 1 hour from the moment the Host receives a notification for the reservation, if there are less than 7 days between the delivery of the notification and the Check-in date.
If you cancel a reservation later than the Host Cancellation Deadline, you agree to pay to RoomPlex a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the reservation fee but not less than 50 Euros. Failure to pay the cancellation fee, RoomPlex reserves the right to withhold the cancellation fee from the future reservation.
By canceling a reservation later than the Host Cancellation Deadline, you agree that RoomPlex will automatically create a negative review for your Listing. RoomPlex reserves the right to terminate your account in case of repeated cancellations, regardless if the cancellations are made before or after the Host Cancellation Deadline.
If you cancel a reservation, regardless if the cancellation is before or after the Host Cancellation Deadline, the Accommodation will continue to appear as unavailable to reserve by other Members between the Check-in and Check-out dates.
RoomPlex will cancel and release any pending or active pre-authorizations on Guest’s credit card within commercially reasonable timeframe. RoomPlex will refund the Reservation Fee and the Processing Fee is any.
Cancellations by RoomPlex
RoomPlex reserves the right to cancel reservations at any time at its sole discretion or when RoomPlex suspends, terminates or cancels the account of Guests or Hosts that have active reservations. In such a case RoomPlex disclaims any liability for remedies and compensations to the affected Hosts or Guests. You acknowledge and agree that RoomPlex is not liable for the harm that such cancellations may cause and you will not attempt to any legal remedy or compensation that you would seek to obtain as a consequence of reservations canceled by RoomPlex.
Damage to Accommodations
You as a Guest are responsible for leaving the Accommodation in the condition it was in when you arrived. You acknowledge and agree that, as a Guest, you are responsible for your own acts and omissions and are also responsible for the acts and omissions of any individuals whom you invite to, or otherwise provide access to, the Accommodation. In the event that a Host claims otherwise and provides evidence of damage, including but not limited to photographs, you agree to pay the cost of repairing or replacing the damaged items with equivalent items. If unable to repair or replace the damaged items you agree to remit payment for any damage to the Accommodation to the applicable Host. You acknowledge and agree that RoomPlex may automatically put a negative review to your account that will be available for all future Hosts to see. RoomPlex reserves the right to terminate your account when we receive a complaint from Hosts that you have caused damage to their Accommodation.
You as a Host acknowledge and agree that RoomPlex does not provide any guarantee about damages that can be caused by Guests and that RoomPlex will not be arbitrator or mediator in resolving any claims between you and Guests. You agree that any legal remedy, compensation or liability that you seek to obtain for damages caused by Guests be limited to a claim against the particular Guest. RoomPlex will do its best effort to assist you in claiming and collecting compensations for damages caused by Guests.
Unacceptable Use of the Platform and Services
You understand and agree that you are solely responsible for compliance with any and all laws, rules, regulations, and Tax obligations that may apply to your use of the Platform or Services and Content. In connection with your use of the Platform or Services you may not and you agree that you will not:
- violate any local, state, provincial, national, or other law or regulation, or any order of a court, including, without limitation, zoning restrictions and Tax regulations;
- use manual or automated software, devices, scripts, robots or other means or processes to access, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” any web pages or other services contained in the Platform, Services or Collective Content;
- use the Platform, Services or Collective Content for any commercial or other purposes that are not expressly permitted by these Terms;
- copy, store or otherwise access any information contained on the Platform, Services or Collective Content for purposes not expressly permitted by these Terms;
- infringe the rights of any person or entity, including without limitation, their intellectual property, privacy, publicity or contractual rights;
- interfere with or damage our Platform or Services, including, without limitation, through the use of viruses, cancel bots, Trojan horses, harmful code, flood pings, denial-of-service attacks, packet or IP spoofing, forged routing or electronic mail address information or similar methods or technology;
- use our Platform or Services to transmit, distribute, post or submit any information concerning any other person or entity, including without limitation, photographs of others without their permission, personal contact information or credit, debit, calling card or account numbers;
- use our Platform, Services or Collective Content in connection with the distribution of unsolicited commercial email ("spam") or advertisements unrelated to lodging in a private residence;
- "stalk" or harass any other user of our Platform or Services or collect or store any personally identifiable information about any other user other than for purposes of transacting as a Guest or Host;
- offer, as a Host, any Accommodation that you do not yourself own, manage or have permission to rent as a residential or other property (without limiting the foregoing, you will not list Accommodations as a Host if you are serving in the capacity of a rental agent or listing agent for a third party);
- offer, as a Host, any Accommodation that may not be rented or subleased pursuant to the terms and conditions of an agreement with a third party, including, but not limited to, a property rental agreement;
- register for more than one RoomPlex Account or register for a RoomPlex Account on behalf of an individual other than yourself;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsify or otherwise misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- use automated scripts to collect information from or otherwise interact with the Platform, Services or Collective Content;
- use the Site, Application, Services or Collective Content to find a Host or Guest and then complete a reservation of an Accommodation independent of the Site, Application or Services, in order to circumvent the obligation to pay any Service Fees related to RoomPlex’s provision of the Services or for any other reasons;
- as a Host, submit any Listing with false or misleading price information, or submit any Listing with a price that you do not intend to honour;
- post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any Content that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances;
- systematically retrieve data or other content from our Platform or Services to create or compile, directly or indirectly, in single or multiple downloads, a collection, compilation, database, directory or the like, whether by manual methods, through the use of bots, crawlers, or spiders, or otherwise;
- access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Platform or Services, RoomPlex’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of RoomPlex’s providers;
- attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any RoomPlex system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble, or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by RoomPlex or any of RoomPlex’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Platform or Services;
- advocate, encourage, or assist any third party in doing any of the foregoing.
RoomPlex has the right to investigate and prosecute violations of any of the above to the fullest extent of the law.
RoomPlex may access, preserve and disclose any of your information if we are required to do so by law, or if we believe in good faith that it is reasonably necessary to (i) respond to claims asserted against RoomPlex or to comply with legal process (for example, subpoenas or warrants), (ii) enforce or administer our agreements with users, such as these Terms, (iii) for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, customer support, product development and de-bugging purposes, or (iv) protect the rights, property or safety of RoomPlex , its users, or members of the public . You acknowledge that RoomPlex has no obligation to monitor your access to or use of the Platform or Services or to review or edit any Member Content, but has the right to do so for the purpose of operating and improving the Platform or Services (including without limitation for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation and customer support purposes), to ensure your compliance with these Terms, to comply with applicable law or the order or requirement of a court, administrative agency or other governmental body, to respond to content that it determines is otherwise objectionable or as set forth in these Terms. RoomPlex reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to remove or disable access to any the Platform and Services that RoomPlex, at its sole discretion, considers to be objectionable for any reason, in violation of these Terms or otherwise harmful to the Platform or Services. In such a termination, you acknowledge and agree that RoomPlex will not be responsible and liable for any harm that the termination of your Account or accesses to the Platform and Services causes to you.
Various pages at the RoomPlex platform may contain links to external sites and resources. RoomPlex regularly monitors these links and the web sites or resources they link to. However, RoomPlex does not endorse nor is responsible or liable for the content of any external sites and external pages. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources or the content, products or services on or available from such websites or resources.
In particular, but not limited to, Hosts may put links to their own or third-party website or platform where users can search for accommodation and make direct reservation by using the services provided by these third-party sites or platforms. RoomPlex does not endorse and guarantee the services available and provided by these sites or platform. RoomPlex disclaims liability for any damage caused by using these and any third-party sites and platforms.
Members can make available their own Content by publishing, posting, submitting, uploading or transmitting on the Platform or Services. By making available such content you acknowledge and agree that you are the copy right owner of that content or you have permission to make such content available on the Platform or Services. By making available such content you also grant RoomPlex right to access, view, copy, modify, publicly perform, publicly display. RoomPlex does not claim any ownership rights in any such Member Content and nothing in these Terms will be deemed to restrict any rights that you may have to use and exploit any such Member Content.
RoomPlex respects copyright law and expects its users to do the same. RoomPlex’s Platform, and Services and any other marketing material made public are protected by International Copyright Laws. The copyright of the Content available of this web site belongs to its respective owners. If you want to use it you have to contact and ask permission from the respective copyright holder. RoomPlex will suspend or terminate the accounts of Members who infringe or a believed to infringe the rights of copyright holders.
You can report for copyright violations to firstname.lastname@example.org. When reporting a copyright infringement, please, provide appropriate evidence or proof that you are the copyright owner.
Suspension, Termination and Cancellation
We may, in our discretion and without liability to you, with or without cause, with or without prior notice and at any time: (a) terminate these Terms or your access to our Platform and Services, and (b) deactivate or cancel your listings. In the event RoomPlex terminates these Terms, or your access to our Platform and Services or deactivates or cancels your listings you will remain liable for all amounts due hereunder. You may cancel your listings at any time by sending an email to email@example.com. Please note that if your listings are canceled, we do not have an obligation to delete or return to you any Content.
If a Guest account is being suspended, terminated or canceled, and the Guest has an active reservations, RoomPlex will notify the affected Hosts and refund all pending or active pre-authorizations on the credit card of the Guest.
If a Host account is being suspended, terminated or canceled, and the Host has active reservation with other Hosts, RoomPlex will notify the affected Guests about the cancellation of their reservation with that Host and refund all pending or active pre-authorizations on the credit card of the Guest. RoomPlex will assist the affected Guests to find a similar Accommodation in our Platform or Services.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THE PLATFORM OR SERVICES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ROOMPLEX DOES NOT HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO CONDUCT BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ANY USER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, GUESTS AND HOSTS, BUT MAY CONDUCT SUCH BACKGROUND CHECKS IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. THE PLATFORM OR SERVICES, AND THE ROOMPLEX CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, ROOMPLEX EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. ROOMPLEX MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE PLATFORM, SERVICES, ROOMPLEX CONTENT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE LISTINGS OR ANY ACCOMMODATIONS, WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS. ROOMPLEX MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING THE QUALITY OF ANY LISTINGS, ACCOMMODATIONS, THE SERVICES OR ROOMPLEX CONTENT OR THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, TRUTHFULNESS, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY ROOMPLEX CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH THE PLATFORM OR SERVICES.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM ROOMPLEX OR THROUGH THE PLATFORM, SERVICES OR ROOMPLEX CONTENT, WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE PLATFORM OR SERVICES AND WITH OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM OR SERVICES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY GUEST OR HOSTS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ROOMPLEX DOES NOT MAKE ANY ATTEMPT TO VERIFY THE STATEMENTS OF USERS OF THE PLATFORM OR SERVICES OR TO REVIEW OR VISIT ANY ACCOMMODATIONS UNLESS THE CIRCUMSTANCES CONTAINED ON THESE TERMS. ROOMPLEX MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF USERS OF THE SITE, APPLICATION OR SERVICES OR THEIR COMPATIBILITY WITH ANY CURRENT OR FUTURE USERS OF THE PLATFORM OR SERVICES. YOU AGREE TO TAKE REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS IN ALL COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE PLATFORM OR SERVICES AND WITH OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM OR SERVICES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, GUEST AND HOSTS, PARTICULARLY IF YOU DECIDE TO MEET OFFLINE OR IN PERSON REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH MEETINGS ARE ORGANIZED BY ROOMPLEX. NOTWITHSTANDING ROOMPLEX EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY ACT OR OMISSION OF ANY GUEST OR ANY HOST OR OTHER THIRD PARTY. IN PARTICULAR, ROOMPLEX EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY REGARDING THE ACCEPTANCE OR NOT OF THE RESERVATION REQUESTS AND THE REASON, OF ANY NATURE EVEN IF DISCRIMINATORY, BEHIND THE REJECTION OR CANCELLATION OF A RESERVATION REQUEST.
Limitation of Liability
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE PLATFORM, SERVICES OR CONTENT, YOUR LISTING OR RSERVATION OF ANY ACCOMMODATIONS VIA THE PLATFORM OR SERVICES, AND ANY CONTACT YOU HAVE WITH OTHER USERS OF ROOMPLEX WHETHER IN PERSON OR ONLINE REMAINS WITH YOU. NEITHER ROOMPLEX NOR ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE PLATFORM, SERVICES, OR THE ROOMPLEX CONTENT WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL OR BODILY INJURY OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS, FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PLATOFMR, SERVICES OR ROOMPLEX CONTENT, FROM ANY COMMUNICATIONS, INTERACTIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE PLATFORM OR SERVICES OR OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM, SERVICES, OR FROM YOUR LISTING OR RESERVATION OF ANY ACCOMMODATION VIA THE PLAROFMR AND SERVICES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ROOMPLEX HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
Any notices or other communications permitted or required hereunder, including those regarding modifications to these Terms, will be in writing and given by RoomPlex (i) via email (in each case to the address that you provide) or (ii) by posting to the Platform. For notices made by e-mail, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted.
Controlling Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms will be interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wells in United Kingdom. The applicable law is the law of United Kingdom.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated on: June 09, 2015
RoomPlex Ltd (hereafter referred as “RoomPlex”, “We”, “Us”, “Our”) understands the importance of your privacy and values the trust on your part for making online purchases. We take your privacy very seriously and we are committed to protect and safeguard any data that you provide us in order to ensure your privacy. We do not sell or otherwise market your personal data to third parties.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is RoomPlex Ltd, a company with registration number 09623357 and address Third Floor, 207 Regent Street, London W1B 3HH, United Kingdom.
What type of information does RoomPlex collect from its users and visitors?
1. Information that you explicitly give us by filling forms
We receive, store and process the information that you provide us when you fill and submit a form on our platform. Examples of such forms include: registration, search, reservation, listing a property for renting, messaging, reviews, etc. By filling such forms you may provide is with a personal data such as your name, address, telephone phone number, email, the email associated with you PayPal, and bank account number. RoomPlex tries to collect only the minimum amount of data which is required for the provision of our services such as making a reservation and listing a property for renting.
2. Automatic log data
We collect automatically a log data that we use for statistical and analytics purposes to improve our platform and the services provided to our visitors and users. Example of such log data includes: the IP address (used for geo location tracking), page views, and number of clicks.
3. Information from third party sites
When you login using third party authentication services such as Facebook or Google, we will collect personal information related solely about you to the extend allowed by your settings. Example of such data includes: your name, number of contacts. We will not collect the information about your contacts.
RoomPlex uses third-party services to process payments with credit cards. To the best of our knowledge, these companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any other purposes.
RoomPlex does not receive and store any credit card data on any server which belongs to RoomPlex. RoomPlex uses industrially strong and standard encryption to transmit credit card data to the credit card processor in order to pre-authorize or make a charge.
- Technical cookies are help us remember your preferences such as your login credentials.
- Analytics cookies are third party cookies used for statistical purposes. We use Google Analytics and you can you can control the collection of data by Google Analytics by visiting the following link: Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
You can disable the usage of cookies from your browser’s settings. In this case no cookies will be stored in your client computer.
How RoomPlex stores and processes the data that it collects from its users and visitors?
The data we collected from our users and visitors is stored in a secure servers. In accordance to the data protection laws in Europe and UK we observer reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorized access and the misuse of your personal information. However, no method for storing digital information and transmitting digital information over Internet can be 100% secure. Because of that, we cannot guarantee absolute security of the data that you provide to us and that we store.
When and with whom RoomPlex shares the data it collects from its users and visitors?
RoomPlex may share some minimal information between the host and the guest when a guest makes a reservation. A guest is a user who makes a reservation of an accommodation and a host is a user who provides the accommodation. RoomPlex shares guest’s name, email and phone to the host.
2. Listing a property
RoomPlex shares to all visitors the details that the host makes available for the property and the accommodation to be listed for reservation. Example details include about the address of the property, contact email, photos about the property, etc.
3. Competent authorities
RoomPlex may share information with the law enforcement and other government authorities as required by law.
4. Third party service providers
RoomPlex uses service providers such as payment processors to handle and process payments in a secure way on our behalf.
Do Not Track
RoomPlex will not honor the “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from your browser. If you disable cookies we will still continue collecting information such as the pages that you visit and the searches that you make.
Updating or deleting your personal information
Users can at any time update their personal information by using management and control panel tools after. If the desired update is not possible users are invited to send an email to email@example.com.
Users can request to delete and terminate their account. In such a case they are invited to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.